Thursday, October 10, 2013

TERRY CREWS WANTS MORE BLACK SUPER HEROES CREATED - HEROES4US

TERRY CREWS
 WANTS MORE
BLACK SUPER HEROES
 CREATED  
 HEROES4US
 
SOURCE: EBONY
EBONY: There are so few Black superheroes, and over the years only a couple have made it to the screen.
TC: There’s Luke Cage. Fans have been asking for him to be added to The Avengers, but Marvel hasn’t expressed interest in doing it. I also wouldn’t want to get in an Internet battle with The Rock or Idris Elba, who fans have already thrown into the conversation.

Also, you have to wonder if that character would get adequate time to shine. I’m already in The Expendables in the front. If I do something in the superhero genre, I want to be up there alongside the Spider-Mans. That’s what’s Marvel did with this Blade character, and I think kids will really like it.
And yes, there are only a few big Black superheroes, but we have to remember that most of the iconic characters were created in a very different time. It’s a new day and we have to create more.

What’s stopping us from creating new Black superheroes? I love the fact, for example, that Samuel L. Jackson is playing Nick Fury, who was originally a White character. But I also think we can make brand new heroes. There’s nothing stopping us.

No comments:

Post a Comment