Sunday, August 24, 2014

DC COMICS - RECREATES POWER GIRL - HEROES4US

DC COMICS
RECREATES
 POWER GIRL 
 HEROES4US
COURTESY
 OF
NEWSARAMA
There's a new Power Girl on Prime Earth — a black teenager named Tanya Spears, who's one of the "most intelligent 17-year-olds on the planet." She's the daughter of Karen's assistant, Somya, who was killed several issues ago.
 
Nrama: Tanya's not only black, but she's one of the "most intelligent 17-year-olds on the planet," according to your introduction of her. Were those elements of the character your design, and why did you choose those characteristics in particular? (She's also tall!!)
 
Comic Writer - Paul Levitz: Once the request was for a teenage Power Girl who was a young woman of color, I wanted to make her as distinctive as I could within the limited amount of time and space I had. I called around to a friend or two who shared some of the background, and also thought about some of the young women who I had met who were alums of my rather unusual high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment